Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Carp-Forum » Tackle Discussion » Reviews

Post subject: Vision VTTX Remote Reciever and Dongles.
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:59 pm 
C-F Member (100+posts)
C-F Member (100+posts)

Hello fellas I thought I’d submit this little review to help anyone who was thinking about purchasing this kit. Some of you, like myself might be in two minds about them due to a lack of online information and unbiased reviews.
I use both Fox and Delkim standard alarms and saw no need to change them. However I defiantly lost a couple of fish last year due to getting on the rods too late. To my knowledge you can’t get Fox wireless conversions and as for Delkim you might as well get a new set of alarms!! (£££). Another reason was the fact that you don’t get too many carp coming out where I’m on and at the first sound of an alarm you’re surrounded by others eager to see what a carp looks like!! Not my cup of tea to be honest. I pondered over the Vision receivers for weeks until I had a small financial touch and thought that in reality they cost me nothing so took a shot on them.
I bought them direct from Vision and the delivery was quick and they were well packaged. They have a 2.5mm Jack plug so fitted the Fox mx2’s. The set up is a piece of cake. The sound output doesn’t mimic the alarms but I didn’t expect it to and for reason 2 above I don’t really care, its vibrate only for me. There is no lag in the alarm activating and the receiver sounding/ vibrating. I’ve had them out six times, once in pouring rain and I am well pleased with them. The vibration mode is strong and has no trouble waking a deep sleeper!
To use with Delks I had to purchase a stereo 2.5mm to 3.5mm Jack adapter (£2.75 Ea Maplins) and they worked perfectly. I band the dongle onto the alarm heads back and you don’t even notice them. Also this little piece of kit acts as an anti theft device if the alarms are on high sensitivity.
On the downside is the dongles use quite expensive non standard batteries(CR425) and the volume as only 2 settings which are both quite loud and prolonged. Overall I’d give them 8/10. Hope this helps. Tight lines.

Post subject: Re: Vision VTTX Remote Reciever and Dongles.
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:49 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Keep us updated please "geezer" and thanks for putting the review on the boards mate.

Richard 8)

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:40 pm 
C-F Member (100+posts)
C-F Member (100+posts)

Still using these week in week out in all weathers. I'm still using the original batteries as well. I don't use them on tone setting as it's just too loud but the vibrate setting is perfect and wakes me every time. The one down side is the prolonged signal even on a single bleep....... at 3 in the morning you automatically think this is the big one and your half out of your bivvie before you realise its only a liner!! For those on a tight budget, or those who like me already have a set of decent buzzers, I would defo recomend them.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:36 pm 
C-F Member
C-F Member

I agree with "Geezer" 100% on this.
I purchased this receiver and dongles 18 mth ago and use them with my fox alarms.
Yes the single beep on the alarms is a bit ott on the receiver. I still haven't had to replace the batteries inthe dongles or receiver even though I have replaced them in my alarms.
Definitely a thumbs up from me.

Board index » Carp-Forum » Tackle Discussion » Reviews